View Single Post
Old 07-24-2010, 03:14 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Yes, exactly! The speaking issue is a really big one for me (without Mestinon or when I am too drained for Mestinon to work). Wow, someone who knows what it's like. Though I am sad you (and others) have these issues...

Yes, around 10-30 minutes after I take it, I can't speak right, and I have a lot of trouble reading (visual focusing) and other focusing or deciding (logical thoughts don't "work" right somehow)...

(Mini rant... these doctors are crazy if they think I don't have MG, with all the symptoms I have and the way the Mestinon affects me well. And I suspect my mom has MG too though I read something that sounded like a diagnosed person mostly will NOT have a relative with it?)

Well... then again they are finding Mestinon helps for fibromyalgia apparently. But I feel my fibro only happened due to falling and I feel like it was more likely to happen because of MG. Oh, and I'm wondering if joint hypermobility has any relationship to MG...?

Hmm yeah sound like the higher dose was too much for you, I think I get those extra intense social/mental side effects if I take 45 mg and up. And definitely more of it at 30mg then 15mg.

That's probably another reason why i always have this hesitation to take a dose. Because I know my thinking will get all weird. It's brief so I should do it, and like you said, just rest during those times, but... sometimes it's not possible to plan ahead so much.

Oh, that's a great visualization suggestion.

Something weird (and mostly positive) that happens with me too is... I'll start feeling some benefit from the Mestinon super fast. I'm just that way with drugs, and esp if I let some of it get under my tongue... that's a much faster way to absorb a drug.
wondergirl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
DesertFlower (07-25-2010)