View Single Post
Old 07-24-2010, 06:28 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi tinymommy,
I'm no neurologist but it sounds like you are having more electrical activity in the vertex of your brain when you are blinking your eyes and hyperventilating. The neuro. doing the e.e.g. may be seeing more activity in the brain do to migraines and the possibility of MS.
Years ago I started having migraine headaches and that led to absence (petit mal) seizures where I would just blank out for a few seconds and then when I would become conscious I was tired, and confused for a few seconds not realizing where I was or what happened. If there's a chance you may be getting MS this can trigger seizures also. I have an aunt who had MS for many yrs. but she was lucky and never had any seizures. My advice to you is to see an Epileptolgist (Dr. specializing in epilepsy) If you go to a University hospital you can usually find an Epilepsy Center there and the Epileptologist can treat you for the epilepsy as well as the possibility of MS.
In the mean time stay away from anything with nutra sweet in it like diet soda because this can cause more electrical activity in the brain and cause problems with MS and epilepsy. Start taking vitamin B12 once a day, and stay away from cell phones because they can trigger seizures also. Get a calendar and write down the discription of the possible seizure along with the time of day/night the seizure happened. Take note also if you are sick or if there's a low pressure in the weather because these are things that can cause more problems with seizures starting and MS problems.
Here's wishing You well and May God Bless You!

Sue
Porkette is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
waves (07-27-2010)