View Single Post
Old 02-06-2007, 05:35 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Welcome Hurtsobad,
Before I started having complex partial and absence seizures I started having migraine headaches when I was 10 yrs. old I'm now 44 and sometimes when I have a cp sz. I will see colors flashing in my eyes along with muscle spasms that I can't control.
If you do have MS they have found that MS can sometimes lead to sz. for people. I have learned about this because I have an Aunt with MS. I've had 2 brain surgeries to help reduce my sz. and now the only time I have a sz. is when the hormones are chaning in my body.
Epilepsy can come from family genes. I have 1 Uncle and 2 cousins that all have had grand mal sz. and they have done a study to find that certain chromosomes can be inherited to lead to sz.
When I get a migraine headache I alway drink my coffee black and that helps a great deal. If you haven't been keeping record of all these sz. get a calendar and write down the time the sz. happens also write down what the weather is like because often a low pressure can cause some people to have sz.
I've been to many different neuros. over the yrs. but I've found going to an Epilepsy Center and working with a Epileptologist,Neuropsych, and Neurosurgeon the best move I ever made. Now I'm on the least amount of meds., I have fewer sz. and all these Drs. are way ahead of any of my former neuros as to what would be the best for me. Here's wishing you well and May God Bless You!

Sue
Porkette is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote