View Single Post
Old 02-06-2007, 06:44 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

I got a really good feeling that we are going to finally find out why this man has PN and mainly it will be from the stenosis (I mean if such a thing is possible to find out).

Now whether they can do something about it or not, well, that remains to be seen. But I'll tell you something,

I AM SO GLAD THIS IS 2007 AHD NOT 1907.

I mean the technology, the machines, it's all really impressive. Want to know what really impressed me today at Methodist Hospital? This I have never seen before. Usually when a person is wheeled back into recovery, well, it's always cold. They never have the room warm enough (I guess it's because all the computerized stuff needs to be in a cold environment).

Well, everytime I've been hospitalized, or Alan has been hospitalized, we always froze until somebody bought us another blanket and then it was always some thin stupid thing.

Well, as they wheel him around the corridors, everybody was saying "jeez, it's cold in here (of course, it's cold, it's NYC and about 9 degrees outside). So they wheel him into a room and it was COLD. So I ask the nurse, can she please get another blanket for him and she says "Oh, how silly of me, he doesn't need a blanket" and she goes over to this machine on the wall (I think it was called Bear Claws or Bear Something or other). and there's a long tube connected to it. She turns it on and nice warm air comes out of the end of the tube and she places it under his top sheet and it warmed up the whole area. I said 'when did they discover this thing". and she laughed and said "isn't this the neatest thing?".

Never saw that before. I wonder if other hospitals use this contraption??

Melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote