Thread: MS " gait "
View Single Post
Old 07-26-2010, 09:50 AM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Yes, I've seen the MS walk. We have a gal in town, for one, who has it. I am familiar with it as I and others with CMT have the CMT walk. Some people equate it to walking like Igor. (That's if they do not have AFO's, and such). I think it looks more like a young child learning to walk. How they have their arms out and try to balance and you know how they look. Only thing is that their muscles will become strong and they will walk normally. Mine will not no matter what. I will just get worse. (No AFO's yet but probably will sometime not too far off).

Uneven ground is horrible. I am much more comfortable on familiar ground. I use a cane, an arm, or a wall, a counter, or furniture a lot of the time now. Without those, I do walk like a young child learning to walk.

That gal with MS in town was just in a car accident and really did a number on her ankle and her heel. She has a compound fracture of the heel and has to have some pretty good surgery on it. I'm hoping she will get out of it O.K. She does shots in her thighs for her MS.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"It is what it is."
Kitt is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
KajunButterfly (07-26-2010), Lady (07-31-2010)