View Single Post
Old 07-26-2010, 09:59 AM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

I had very light periods for my second pregnancy for several months. My DH was in a tech school for weeks at a time, so I was alone with DS #1, who was nearly 2.
I noticed my pants were very tight in the tummy, and then I stopped having periods...and I felt like my intestines were rumbliing a lot.
I found out in July that I was pregnant...my OB said I was due in February, based on when I stopped having periods.
At the beginning of December, I had my monthly exam. He said, "This is going to be one huge baby." The first one was 9-1...
On the 11th of December, I got the urge to wash down the walls of the baby's room. That night, I got what I thought was intestinal flu...cramps off and on.
By about 6 am, I thought, "Hmmm, this flu has regular intervals between cramping." I called the OB and he said get to the hospital.
DH had one more day of class out of town, so I called MIL, who raced out 20 miles to pick me up. By then I was 5 min. apart
She sped at 70 mph to get me to the hospital. DS kept saying, "Mommy has an oww-oww tummy." I had to hold it together so he didn't get upset, but man I was wondering what was going on...
My MIL dropped me off at the ER entrance, the nurse wheeled me into labor. I had two contractions while they undressed me...they said,"Wow, close together, huh?" When they examined me, I was crowning!
The OB had a preemie thingie ready for the baby, since it was 2 months before my due date.
Surprise-the baby, a boy, was 10 lbs 4.5 oz...the doc was the joke of the hospital for some time!!
I was young, and not so smart...by the 4th baby, I knew what was what

What capped the whole incident was my DH showing up at the hospital right from the airport. He had his suitcase in one hand, and his bowling bag in the other (he loves bowling, took it to the school so he could bowl after class). The nurse looked at him and said, "I'm sorry sir, but I don't think your wife is going to feel like bowling."
Dejibo (07-26-2010), Jappy (07-26-2010), Kitty (07-26-2010), mrkmyword (07-28-2010), nemsmom (07-26-2010), Twinkletoes (07-30-2010)