View Single Post
Old 07-26-2010, 03:10 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

My neurologist just called me back.

He's told me to rest for the next couple of weeks. Actually told me to not do physical therapy this week, except for what they're doing for my shoulder. (I've been doing PT for balance issues too)

He said it's a fifth cranial nerve problem, but he also said it's a problem on the left side of the brain. (numbness is on the right side. Left side of the brain controls the right)

So, I guess it's the left fifth cranial nerve that's got the problem. (I think?)

I mentioned that I seem to get new stuff about every 6 weeks, and he said he noticed that. He didnt want to give me steroids for this (dont want them anyways) I told him I have a lot of fatigue and that I cant get myself to sleep till 5am some mornings. Any sleep I do get isnt restful.

I'm just getting tired of this. I can almost set a clock or at least track this on a calendar with these flares.

I need a vacation from the MS! I'd thought about a trip to Washington D.C. in late august, but decided to wait till a cooler month to go there. My dad even offered to pay for me if I wanted to go, but knowing that D.C. is pretty famous for being nasty hot in August changed my mind. I'm guessing the MS would have wanted to tag along with me, and the MS really isnt the best traveling companion.

~ "Animals have two functions in society. To taste good and to fit well." ~ Greg Proops, actor ~
Erin524 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote