View Single Post
Old 07-26-2010, 05:03 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Sorry you've had such an awful day! It's one thing to feel crummy when you know why - -- and quite another when you don't!!

I waited about 3 years from when I first started investigating the symptoms with a PCP to when I got hooked up with my current neuro (who really, really gets it). There were stops and starts in my journey for a dx (cause like many here, I thought they thought I was nuts! - - so when the tests showed nothing....I just quit searching for awhile - - - til I couldn't stand it and started looking for answers all over again!!).

In my case, my current neuro did all the tests (which were mostly neg) - but dx'd me clinically (even before ordering the tests). She said it's easier if you can prove positive antibodies - but it wouldn't change her treatment plan. (I guess she was referring to insurance coverage? I don't really know.)

Anyway - don't give up. Keep searching til you find the right doc - be it neuro or PCP or whatever. I know it can get really discouraging - but you have to keep pushing for that dx. Keep good notes (and test results) and your determination. It will be worth it.

Hang in there - and let us know how tomorrow goes.
Sue
suev is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote