View Single Post
Old 07-27-2010, 09:39 AM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

The vet said stress, pain meds, and lack of his old food can cause constipation. Also if his tummy hurts, he cant tell if its poopy hurt or bladder hurt, and may be afraid to go. I have decided that since he makes no effort to pee all day, I am going to try to remove daytime pain meds. I gave half dose today,and he is already on half what he was on in the hospital. I dont care if he gets night meds as that is when he tries to pee, clean...he really is a night owl. He loved me and loved me. He also chewed on his pee pee a while last night. When crystal blocked they can work on removing some of the gunk themselves. He was comfortable enough to clean it properly, so that made me happy.

The bathroom has been cleaned around him. He stayed on the shower seat that is sitting in the closet. I have a soft towel on it. I removed all towels, and mats from the floor, and wiped it all down with a light dose of home made lemon cleaner. non toxic for cats. Extremely light dose, but enough to disinfect. Everything is in the washer and will hang out to dry. He made no effort to leave his perch, and was happy to watch me clean. (just like a man) I left the door open, and hope he will wander out on his own.

I cant thank all of you enough for giving me a space to vent, pray, worry, stress and bounce ideas. It was also nice to have a ready hug. We are not out of the woods, but we are marching in that direction. big hugs for all

Betaseron 5/18/07

Elevated LFTs Beta DC 7/07
Copaxone 8/7/07

Dejibo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Debbie D (07-27-2010), Kitty (07-27-2010), SallyC (07-27-2010), SandyC (07-27-2010)