View Single Post
Old 07-27-2010, 02:32 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

One thing to remember is that even if you test negative for Celiac Disease, you might still be gluten-sensitive. More and more CD researchers are starting to recognize Non-Celiac Gluten Sensitivity (NCGS) as a true health condition.

The "cure" for CD and/or NCGS is a COMPLETELY GF diet. It isn't nearly as hard as you might imagine; GF foods are the fastest-growing segment of the food industry, and as more people become aware (3 million people are estimated to have CD; 2.9 million of them don't know that they have it), there will be even more choices available in the grocery stores. This isn't some sort of "fad" - this is a very real health issue, so I expect GF foods are here to stay. Many restaurants also are starting to have GF menus available for their customers with gluten issues.

Please feel free to go to my profile section and look at some of my previous comments to others (I haven't been on here long, so it's not too very many!) regarding this issue. And if you have any questions, please feel free to contact me - I just got diagnosed with MG a couple of months ago, but my daughter and I were diagnosed with Celiac Disease 2 years ago, so I've been on a GF diet ever since. Because she has Down syndrome, I've done a LOT of research on Celiac Disease and living gluten-free.

Hope this helps!
teresakoch is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote