Thread: Medicare
View Single Post
Old 07-27-2010, 05:41 PM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Mad Medicare

I'm supposed to be covered by Medicare as of August 1st.

I got my card back in June with my Medicare number on it followed by an "A"....which means I have hospital coverage. I need the card that also has a "B" on it to show I have medical coverage.

I mailed back the info they requested for Part B coverage when my information packet arrived. To date I have not gotten my updated card. I called today to check on it as I need to make a couple of doctor appointments for August.

The nice lady I spoke with said that my forms had never been processed. She took my phone number and said she would pass it along to the local office so they could call me and try and get this straightened out. Ugh........I was on the phone forever.

It'll all get figured out. I'm not going to stress out over it. It's not the worst thing that's ever happened to me. It's just irritating but with the number of people on Medicare I guess it's a given that someone's file's gonna get messed up!

Has anyone else had trouble with Medicare when they first were approved for it?
These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
Kitty is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Debbie D (07-28-2010), Lady (08-02-2010), tamiloo (07-27-2010)