View Single Post
Old 07-27-2010, 09:51 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

There is an big difference between what an Upper Cervical Chiropractor does and what a generic chiropractor does who does twist and pop neck adjustments.

The twist and pop upper neck adjustment can easily be too traumatic for the atlas/cranium joint. UCC's use a much more gentle technique similar to an Activator, which is a tool that exerts a controlled about of force for a very short time.

Personally, I am very hesitant to let any chiropractor do a twist and pop neck adjustment on me. I am also hesitant to see a chiropractor who wants to do maintenance adjustments on a specific time interval.

The best chiropractors I have seen have taught me how to recognize when I need a tweak. We had a chiro who offered a flat fee for the entire family (five of us). It was not uncommon for one or two of us to not need any adjusting. We usually knew that he would likely not find any problems.

An Upper Cervical Chiropractor is a specialty within a specialty.

It is great if your chiropractor takes the time to help you learn to understand your body. Then you can be an active participant in your own health.

This was important in my family because we paid out of pocket (my pocket) for all chiro work.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote