Thread: Reboot
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2007, 11:22 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default reboot

I just found this forum via a search engine. I am 45 yo female with MG. Was drug free and symptom free since 1999, then over the past 15months I have had 3 crisis. I have been hospitalized 5 times during this period. I have had significant reactions to all therapies - Prednisone, CellCept, IVIG and pheresis. Pheresis is no longer a treatment option and I am now on Cellcept and IVIG once/month. I have a white count of 2.4 and work in a hospital so infections have been an issue. My neurologist has now suggested the Cytoxan course to try reboot. She also has literature using Rituxan (another chemo drug) in combination with the Cytoxan. I am leaning toward trying this treatment as seems my disease has taken a sudden, severe spiral. I have an unusual course - no symptoms at all and able to run long distance, but I go into full crisis with no forewarning over about an hour with respiratory failure. Concerns that I will experience a crisis too far from a hospital to have successful intervention so we are looking at this aggressive treatment option. Wondering if any of you have heard anything about the addition of Rituxan with the Cytoxan? Also, do you know what the dosage is for the Cytoxan you get with this treatment option?
Also, wondering how you are feeling now a few weeks out from your treatment? Did you do the treatment at John Hopkins or with your home neurologist? thanks for all of your comments and the information you have posted....
evy o. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote