View Single Post
Old 02-07-2007, 12:44 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default I don `t think it is about blame...

Blame is not the issue here.It is about finding out if folk have similar problems and seemingly they do.Yes,it may be about lack of dental care because of movement restriction but this is linked to the disease.It may be because of poor diet...again,linked with the disease because of appetite suppressants in the medication.Likewise,the dry mouth,the depleted immune system etc etc.

And then again,it may in some cases,purely be because of genetics,or lack of calcium in the diet from poor nutrition early on in life.

For those who still have a pearly white smile,then hey...I`m pleased for you.I hope you flash it often to make others smile which is something dear to my heart.

But for those who have been affected...it is comforting to know that no matter how many minutes we spend at the bathroom basin,eroding our teeth with an electric sander,there are still some governing factors of this condition [pd] which will prevent us from improving our lot.

My gp said to me at the start of my illness...".don`t put everything down to pd."As a result I missed some important links which would have made my life a whole lot easier had I have made the connection between my symptoms and pd...leastways the side effects of the drugs.

Yes ...there will always be exceptions....but thank God for this site where we can test the water to find out if it "is pd" or not.
steffi 001 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote