Thread: ahhh.
View Single Post
Old 07-28-2010, 10:05 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Tyson,

It's likely that you have an allergic response going on and that with your suppressed immune system, it just blossoms into an infection. My hubby had this - without a suppressed immune system. He had a recurring sinus infection that they eventually treated for 3 weeks with daily IV antibiotics - only to have it recur yet again.

Go to a ENT (preferably one that doesn't think sinus surgery is the first option). The one my H went to said he could justify surgery - - but would prefer to treat with antihistamines and cortisone pump sprays to avoid surgery. Even as a ENT surgeon, he said sinus surgery should be an absolute last resort - dangerous and not always successful anyways. The 3 perscriptions he wrote were for stuff I have never heard of - -but they really worked. Hubby got relief and it's been 6 months since has had a sinus infection!!

If they can get the allergic reaction under control - even with your suppressed immune system, you'll have a better chance of not getting those nasty infections.

Let me know what you think - Sue
suev is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote