View Single Post
Old 07-28-2010, 08:25 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Smile Thanks for your reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by keep smilin View Post
It is nice to meet you..I am sorry under these circumstances but just the same..welcome..We are family here..You have found a very warm and caring group.. As I read your your post I must admit a few key points popped into my head...RSD/CRPS does exhibit many of the symptoms you described..burning, color changes, swelling..pain that is out of this world and the duration..never ends..sensitivity to cold on and on.. It is best to be dx by a pain mangaement, or neurlogists or even an anesteslogist..a Dr. who exhibits the best knowledge in RSD... Timing is everything and you must move quickly..Avoid cold, that will make it worse should you have RSD..The emg test is not always accurate for RSD .. and as far as your steroid intake and relief..That is possible as RSD can be managed by pain meds but again..see someone to give you a definative answer...so please, move quickly to a Dr. who you trust and knows about RSD...Stick with us here for support and ask us anything..as we all lean on eachother to get thru..Most of all stay upbeat and never stop moving..

Let us know how you are doing...

Kathy
Quote:
Originally Posted by peppermintpatty View Post
i read through your entire post and have to agree that it sounds like it certainly could be RSD unfortunately.

I'm far from an expert - just learning about this disease - but did want to commiserate re: the skin yeast infection. I also developed one post-surgery, and since I had (and still have) no feeling in that area, I had no clue anything was wrong until it was pretty well set in. Beyond the medications, I found that using Gold Bond powder really helped. Now that it's healed, I use it regularly just to make sure the infection doesn't recur.

All the best to you. I'm sorry you're dealing with this, but this community is a lifeline, you'll find.

Thanks you for responding to my post. I am glad I found this community of caring people. Now I don't feel so all alone. I don't have much family here where I live, just my two adult sons, that really love and look after me. I am not scheduled to see my pain doctor until next Thursday. The previous visit was with his PA., and all he did was read the note from the surgeon and then ask if I needed refills of my prescription; he would have the pain doctor see me about the RSD on Thursday...that was it!

Boy did that make me feel real cared for if you caught my drift ! But since this is workers comp...what can I do? The pain doctor has down played all of my symptoms already. The only possible saving grace is that now my private doctor and surgeon agree that this is RSD. Wish me luck with my pain doctor and hoping that he doesn't down play this condition. He really had me thinking it was all in my head...but now I know it's truly isn't! I always believe there was something going on...just didn't know what.

Thanks for reading my post. God Bless.
lefty is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Kakimbo (07-28-2010)