Thread: T.o.s.
View Single Post
Old 07-28-2010, 09:07 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitesshewolf50 View Post
I have had 2 surgeries on my right arm and I now have permanet nerve damage and only 25 to 30% use of the right arm. I have tried getting SSD but they say i havent worked long enough. does anyone know how to go around this to receive ssd. ty
Nope. You have to pay enough into the SSDI system to get anything out. You could apply for the SSI (Supplemental Security Income) program which is a welfare type program for the disabled.

But you would still have to prove that you were unable to perform any kind of work with your limitations. I have an elderly uncle who was born at home and had a deformed arm that wasn't much use to him, but worked until age 65 and even played tennis. And there was a minor league baseball player with one arm. Obviously they learned to compensate at an early age and it is more difficult as you get older. Have you looked into getting some rehabilitation and learning how to work activities with less use of your arm?

I'd suggest trying to find a way to work and work as long as you can, especially if your condition may get progressively worse over time.
Janke is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote