View Single Post
Old 07-29-2010, 10:54 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I had an appointment with a neurologist for my tremor. When I asked about fluctuations of muscles and MG, he suggested that I must be exercising incorrectly- or if he was not not sure I was exercising correctly, he could not be sure. He then said I might not be exercising enough. When I said what I was doing, he said it might be too much and that I could have in effect blown some neurons that had been trying to recover from my other issues. Seemed to me it was the basic doctor double-speak when they are hit with stuff they do not want to deal with. Like the old joke. . . Patient says, "Doctor, it hurts when I do this". (patient waves arm overhead) Doctor response, "Well, stop doing that!"

What makes it confusing also is that my main condition is rare enough that no one really knows much about it long term. There have not been enough studies at all, and none really long term to see how people really do recover over time. So, this weakness could still be part of that too I suppose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suev View Post
There are many things in your description that could lead one to think of MG. But there are other things that could come into play also.

Do you need a PCP authorization to see a neuro (or would your PCP be willing to refer you to one?)

Seeing a neuro who has experience with MG patients might be the best next step for you to take. You know something isn't quite right. It's time for you to find out what is going on.

Let us know what you decide (and how it goes). Good luck!
Sue
rbwalton is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote