View Single Post
Old 07-29-2010, 07:18 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Sorry for the delay. My son just had eye muscle surgery for his MG, eye turning in and double vision. He is not feeling too good at the moment.
My daughter is not on any prednisone or anthing. She just takes Mestinon. Don't worry, I will not have anything, surgery or otherwise, done to her. She is 18 and beautiful. She is not going to have removal of her colon or anything until a lot more testing and proof that there are no other alternatives. She had a colonoscopy done a month ago and that was norma. They did not do any biopsies at all because they saw nothing. So, I don't know if they would see anything with Celiac disease or not but they didn't do any biopsies. We are going back to Shands tomorrow for a Flouro test to see if she can defecate while sitting up. She showed on the other test that she has a rectocele which is a hernia into the vagina. Probably from straining all the time. On and on it goes. Then we go back next week for a Rectal manometry and then an esophageal manometry. These are to test the swallowing muscles and the sphincter muscles. Loads of fun. I will keep you posted on the outcome. She just had a sitz marker study and that showed that she passed the markers but that she still has a lot of stool left in her entire colon at all times. She goes to the bathroom but doesn't every clear out enough like she should. I will keep you posted
MG mom is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote