View Single Post
Old 07-30-2010, 06:15 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Planted approx 425 fava seeds that I'd soaked and were starting to sprout on Monday. (It was the last Farmers Almanac day to plant above ground crops til up into August. ) Weather forecasters were calling for rain Monday & Tues for our area....and it did rain all around us, not on the farm. I tried to carry water out and "row water" by watering can..but that is hard when it is long rows with no plants up yet...so it could have been an effort in futility, the ground was so dry. We finally received some rain on Wed nite, which refilled my rain barrels around the barn. Thursday morning I hurried and refilled my gallon jugs back up (my rain stash). I also am trying to transplant some of the old spring fava plants that are resprouting new life from the bottom at this time...taking out a few short rows so we can plow up that area...I had an initial plan in my head where to plant what when we started the plowing in April , but things got planted wherever the ground was half ready because the seeds were going in so late (Favas like cool weather!)Now I am trying to redo the garden area according to the original plan,,,One-third of the area in perrenials/herbs/strawberries/blueberries/asparagus/raspberries/blackberries,etc. The other two-thirds in crop rotation.
I have been on the fava tincture since the end of October, which makes it a full nine months now. Still doing well. I plan to go get a blood draw at "Any Blood Test Now"
It is a place where you don't have to have a doctor's request and they will send the results to you....pretty cool! Anyway, I want a CBC to see if the fava tincture has changed anything in comparison to the one I have from 2003. My daughter is a nurse practitioner and we can discuss any out of range findings over the phone (if there are any). I feel we should take responsibility for our own health and not depend so much on doctors. All of us are different and you know yourself better than the doctor....I'd rather be my own guinee pig/do my own research and find what works for me...for free!
Our grape viines are starting ripen out, and I'd like to find out how to make grape seed extract. Also, the chicory plants are blooming profusely every morning and I want to try making flower essence with them...lots to do Blessings to all Aunt Bean
Aunt Bean is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
anon72219 (07-30-2010), moondaughter (08-06-2010)