View Single Post
Old 02-07-2007, 07:14 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmptyNest68 View Post
Hi Radiobill..I don't believe we have ever met. I am Steph (EmptyNest68), diagnosed at 35 and am now 39. Also am currently taking meds, carbidopa/levodopa 25/100. It controls my symptoms quite well.
I don't post very well, mostly because the only access I have to a computer is at work, and they frown upon using it for leisure. I love coming on here, whether you visit every day or once a week, the people here respond. When I was first experiencing my symptoms I found the original braintalk website and got some great advise there, one being to see an MDS. That aadvice changed my life...my docs here would probably still be trying to figure out what was wrong, as pd isn't supposed to hit 35 yr olds.
Sounds like balance and rigidity are issues for you? My balance is horrible and worsening, and rigidity was one of my pd symptoms the mds recognized at our first visit. The smaller muscle things have become a little more difficult...what's that called? Smaller muscle things....my cognitive skills have suffered a little too....taken to calling common household or work items "thingamajigs" "whoozymuhwhatzits" or describing them without really describing them because my mouth cannot form what my brain is thinking!
Hey there, Steph! Yeah, I've noticed that it's not easy to find the right word sometimes -- but as long as we can bark out synonyms for simple things, like "soup eating thing" instead of spoon -- we should be OK!