View Single Post
Old 07-30-2010, 12:56 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

My first 2 years with arachnoiditis/crps2 i passed out hundred of times because my nervous system was so confused. its sorta like an old computer that locks up. computers lock up and humans pass out due to pain. i was told that when you pass out from pain a lot that your pain is in the high 20's,yikes. i hated the fact that when you get that 'sensation', i didnt know if i was going to puke or faint so i had to get ready for both and fast. i also wore rollerblade wrist guards to protect from fracturing the wrists from falling because sometimes you dont have enough time to get down to your knees.

i know you are trying to be as active as possible(and this is great) but remember when stuff like this happens you have to listen to the body and take it easy. i know what your thinking, DUH!!!!, i am just reminded you.

take care and if this persists, even though you wont like the looks of it, you might consider at least wearing a bike helmet. you dont want your life to get any worse than it is and if you are fainting 20 times a day, the odds of you falling and hitting hard are going up...

take care Ali,

mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by ali12 View Post
Hi everyone,

Thank you all for the support - I really appreciate it !

I've had an appointment today with my Neurologist and he has diagnosed me with a severe cause of Reflex Syncope. It is caused by the autonomic nerves and a severe drop in blood pressure and heart rate which causes me to faint and have seizures similar to Epilepsy. It is believed to be caused in my cause by the pain so we need to try and get that under control for it to get at least somewhat better. The problem is because of my back injury, I can't have the Baclofen pump which could help reduce the pain!

It's really scary and I have been told that most people have it from puberty until their 20s however because of my RSD, I could have it forever until the pain goes away.

I've collapsed about 20 times today - the worst my Neurologist has seen on average is 15 times daily.

I'm having a back MRI soon so i'm hoping that once we know the results of that we will be able to tell what is wrong and decide whether we can go ahead with the pump.

Thanks again for all your support and i'll keep you updated.

Alison

ALASKA MIKE
ARACHNOIDITIS,CRPStype2/CAUSALGIA since 2004
ALASKA MIKE is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote