Thread: Update
View Single Post
Old 02-07-2007, 09:06 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hey Vicc

I just wanted to say that the eating problem (clenched jaw from dystonia/ RSD/ pain) is why many of us (well, many people I know) are either fed through PEG/ NG feeds or are on syringe feeds (that's me! how cool am I?! - though luckily not all the time!)....

Did your drs not consider them? luckily I only have 2 taste buds at the moment - prawn and lead (well. what I imagine lead would taste like!) so I can cope with mushed vegetables, fibre and other stuff which is liquidised and then "syringed" into my mouth..(not good when you go out to dinner with mates or have carers that can be a tad dim at times--> who then shoot mixed mush stuff onto the ceilings with the syringe.

(Try making up a feed which is thick enough to swallow but thin enough to go through a clenched jaw and you'll know what I mean - especially if you imagine it dripping down from the kitchen ceiling!

Anyway - that was just a thought. (though NG's REALLY hurt) that it might help if you went on to syringed feeds on bad days or something

Rosie