View Single Post
Old 07-30-2010, 07:38 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default No I'm sorry mine is in my tummy

I'm sorry, but my pump is the kind that's located in front on the right side of my tummy and then it's all sewn into place in my spine. You're in a tough situation and as far as how to find a doctor who's got the necessary experience, it sounds like you might be facing some serious travel ahead. With the rarity of this type of dangerous procedure, I can't help but worrying about you being between the rock and the hard place. I know you'll figure out the best path, and I sure do hope you find it soon. Take care, Bob.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tired in Texas View Post
Thanks for getting back with me and for all your information. Is your pump catheter located in your lumbar or in your cervical area? I actually have a pump in my back (lumbar) but it really didn't help me enough to continue it. However, it is still in my body and running saline because I am not up to having another surgery right now and might use it for my neck.
I am really concerned about having the catheter placed so high in my neck because I can't find a Doctor who has done more than four and they are so dangerous compared to lumbar pump. It isn't done much anymore for a reason. If the Doctors are even a tiny bit off or if the medicine is too much for my brain to handle, it can give me a stroke, seizure, paralysis and even kill me! I am going to make an appointment at the Cleveland Clinic to get a fourth opinion and hopefully, find a Doctor who has done more than four. Unfortunately, it is a shot in the dark if I will go to the Doctor who's most experienced because none of the Doctors' profiles say that they even perform this procedure and when I call, no one is able to help me. It just isn't done anymore except with cancer patients who are already dying and that is truly scary. For me, I am willing to take the chance but my parents are not and I don't blame them.
If your pump is in the cervical area and you don't mind me asking, who did yours and how many has he/she done? Also, if you know anybody who might be able to help, that would be so helpful as well. Thanks for your help and I hope you are doing well, Melissa
bobinjeffmo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Mark56 (07-30-2010), Rrae (08-01-2010)