View Single Post
Old 07-30-2010, 09:10 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo*mar View Post
I think she can just go to check it out an AA meeting, maybe she will like it.

Getting away from her problems at home temporarily might help- but in the long run she needs to address those issues and find other ways to deal with those problems.

Just because she gets sober away from home doesn't mean those issues & people at home will disappear.

There should be private facilities she can go to, I don't know if Ins would pay or how much..
She could call the Ins help line and ask how is the best way to get help.
Or her doctor should know and maybe needs to rx a detox/rehab place.

It is a health issue - maybe it is time for her to disclose it to her doctor for help from that standpoint.

I'm assuming NY area - ny alcohol rehab
http://www.google.com/#hl=en&source=...0bee69b5aae820
No, not New York. And the lady on the other end told her "I do screenings and you'll get the same results if you call any other in-patient place". You do not qualify".

My friend was also asked "Do you cut yourself, do you hurt yourself, how is your health? She was completely honest and said "All my blood tests are normal, I never cut myself, etc. etc. She was honest?

The lady said "You do not qualify for any in-patient rehab, this place is not for you"

I just told her "you indicate that you want to stop drinking but you want to stop on YOUR TERMS, RIGHT??"

She replied "I have got to get away"

Lots of stuff going on.

I'm pm'ing you.

Thanks much

Melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY