Thread: A Calf Tremor
View Single Post
Old 07-30-2010, 10:04 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by invisable View Post
Thanks for the reply Secret Agent Man - I have heard of Gluten sensitivity, I think it is called Celiac Disease. Wouldn't I have stomach issues too though? My stomach and digestion is fine.

Did you have tremor?
Actually the two are different. In Celiac Disease gluten will actually cause damage to the villi your small intestines. In a gluten sensitivity or intolerance, it is your immune system that reacts to the gluten. Gluten sensitivities are the most common in the western world because gluten is in just about everything we eat. Its in our breakfast cereals at breakfast, breads for lunch, and is used as a filler in many processed foods we eat for dinner. Sometimes our bodies will react negatively if they are over exposed to something for so long. In Asia the most common food sensitivities are to rice for the same reasons.

Anyway, in my case I developed several food sensitivities including to gluten, dairy, soy among a few others. I had a condition known as 'Leaky Gut Syndrome'. It is caused by a build up of Candida. Candida is the fungus and yeast that exists naturally in our intestines normally in small amounts. The helpful digestive bacteria that live in our intestines usually keeps it in check. With the heavy usage of antibiotics in our society today, many people are losing their helpful bacteria and the Candida is taking over. Over time the Candida weakens your intestine walls and leeches into your blood stream spreading throughout the body. The damaged intestine walls also begin to absorb undigested food proteins. The immune system sees these undigested proteins as foreign invaders and forms antibodies to attack them. Eventually your body learns to be proactive and attacks each time you eat that food. Thus a new food sensitivity or intolerance is born.

In order to cure yourself you need to first eliminate the Candida, then replenish your helpful bacteria by taking probiotics. Don't take probiotics without taking out the Candida first because it won't be able to take hold. The Candida won't let it. Eventually your gut will heal and you can begin to reintroduce foods you had become sensitive to. Eventually you will be able to eat them all again. It takes time though. 6 months is the minimum I've heard and average is about a year. I'm 2 months in, but the results I've already seen are staggering. I don't twitch anymore which is the big one. I have more energy and I sleep better at night. Its worth looking into for yourself. Let me know if you have any other questions and good luck.
SecretAgentMan is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote