Thread: broke my ankle
View Single Post
Old 07-31-2010, 09:05 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default broke my ankle

Well I really did a number on myself. Last Sunday morning at about 3:30am we arrived home from vacation in Colorado. As I was stepping out of the van, I didn't realize that my father-in-law had parked so close to ditch in our front yard, and I fell twisting my ankle and then landing on it. In the process I managed an avulsion fracture of the malleolous (ankle) and ruptured 3 and possibly a fourth ligament in the joint. Right now they have me in a walking boot and in 4 weeks they will check to see how well it is healing and go from there. I asked the orthopedist what the likelihood was that the RSD/CRPS would spread to that area, and unfortunately he said very high. I am on high dose Vitamin C hoping that maybe it will keep the RSD from spreading. It's the only study I have seen that has any promise at all of working. My legs are the only area my RSD has not spread as of right now. . If anyone knows of any other ways to prevent spreading please let me know. I would greatly appreciate it.

Cricket
Cricket183 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
loretta (08-09-2010)