View Single Post
Old 07-31-2010, 11:27 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rrae View Post
While on this med!! I haven't looked up the status of an alleged Phizer 'lawsuit' regarding this med, but there is supposedly one going on.
Several here at NT had claimed rapid tooth decay while on Lyrica.
I was one of them.
Just wondered if any of you have noticed any change in your dental.

Yes, I had been taking other meds which do cause dry mouth and any med that causes dry mouth can ultimately make our teeth more prone to decay.
But I had been taking those other meds for a substantial amount of time and everything was ok.
During my 8 month (nightmare) on Lyrica is when the rapid tooth decay came on and I've had to have teeth pulled because they were beyond saving.
Thankfully I was able to catch one in time and salvaged it with simple filling.

Lyrica IMO is a drug that came straight from the pit of HE**

I hope you are having better luck with it.
Just make sure your dental is current and checked often.
Just a thought re Lyrica and tooth decay. Before starting Lyrica i had a dodgy tooth that was filled but still sensative indicating a root canal may by in order some time soon.

Being on lyrica for seven months I upped the dosage to 300mg to totally eliminate any pain It did a pretty good job but side effects were horrible at those levels

Long story short.. decided to titrate down to zero to find the where the breakthrough pain was. Got down to 100mg and BOOM chronic tooth pain in wild spasms. Aghhhh I thought lyrica is destroying my teeth! then it occurred to me that Lyrica suppresses nerve pain and. tooth pain is nerve related so I upped my dosage and tooth pain gone

My point being Lyrica may not destroy teeth directly but indirectly since its a nerve block an unnoticed cavity/cavity's could go undetected until to late in l/term users

just a thought...
zorro1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
mrsrogers (11-24-2010), Rrae (08-24-2010)