View Single Post
Old 08-01-2010, 12:51 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi DL,

That recent progress note from your doc helps your 'case' but wouldn't really be sufficient by itself.....detail, detail, detail

The notes by the doc who is treating your asthma are woefully insufficient alone....there are plenty of jobs that smeone who can't lift 8 pounds repeatedly could still do. That doesn't mean those notes hurt your case, just that they will in no way 'make' your case.

On the application when you are writing about your sx's, definitely include info like.....
"I can barely write a few sentences by hand, and typing is nearly impossible. I bought dictation software, but can't wear the headset, had to get a microphone to use. I use a service dog and now I have to keep transferring her from my left to right side, because my hands go so numb I can't keep hold of the handle on her harness. I'm dropping things all the time now. Yesterday, I went to put the flour container back in the cupboard and dropped it. What a heck of a mess that was. Yesterday when I went to the doctor's office, I must have dropped my keys half a dozen times, and a pen twice. My dog picks them up for me. I can't open things like bottles of water. It is not as bad in my feet, but I wear toe to knee plastic hard braces. I have tingling, and burning, and have tripped up a few more times, but other than that, I have not had as much trouble with my feet. My hands are so stiff and painful sometimes I cannot come close to making a slight fist. I put my hands into microwave heat pack, warm them, then have to start working the stiffness out. Still, my hands are much weaker than they were 6 months ago before this happened."

Try to get the docs to be as specific and inclusive as possible.

Doctor notes should tell the whole story. For instance, if the medical records say "Can't stand or walk for more than 5 minutes at a time" that helps, but implies you might be able to sit for 8 hours straight, so you could do some form of deskwork. Documentation that proves your disablity might say something like "Can't stand or walk for more than 5 minutes at a time. May be able to sit reclined in a chair with legs elevated for several hours at a time some days, but usually has to lie down in a bed after sitting up for just a short time."

Gee, this looks like a great place to sit and have a picnic with my yummy bone !
finz is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
daylilyfan (08-02-2010)