View Single Post
Old 08-01-2010, 02:57 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Mad

Hi, Emelie. Thanks for telling me about your experience with your cervical SCS. Who implanted yours? If you liked him, I could use another opinion. My Doctor is Dr. Gabor Racz from the Texas Tech International Pain Center and he wants me to do the SCS but can't give me any gaurantees which I know at this point is to be expected. However, I would like to see a little more hope of success from him. I am so glad to hear that yours is helping and continues too! You are the first person I have talked to who has actually ahd a cervical one and it is good to hear that it can work! Thanks for the info, Melissa

Quote:
Originally Posted by emsacco View Post
Melissa,

I had a cervical SCS for face pain implanted in June. My face pain is primarily in the V3 area of the trigeminal nerve. This gave my surgeon the hope of being able to reach the face through my spinal cord. My trial was successful despite the coverage not quite reaching the face. I still had relief and now the permanent implant has had great coverage so that I have been able to reduce some of my medications. I think by doctor is in the minority for treating face pain from the spinal cord. I am so thankful he did it!!

I do not have the paddle type of implant, but I still need to be restricted for three months so that everything scars into place. It is tough to remember to not bend over to pickup something.

I hope you are able to continue to find out answers and then get the relief.

Emelie
Tired in Texas is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote