Thread: New member
View Single Post
Old 08-01-2010, 06:54 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I am a medical assistant and absolutley love my job, so i can totally relate to you!!! i want answer and treatment plans so that i can go on with my life...well for me ive hit a wall...ive met with the drs i work for and we have come to the conclunsion that at this point my job is too much for me right now.....hard pill to swollow let me tell you. i meet with my neurologist on weds to see when my next ivig treatment will be, and i talked the drs that i work for into letting me do light work until then and once i start that treatment i will take time off to let it actually work with my body. I had my first ivig treatment done in the hopsital 3 weeks ago when i was on the verge of going into a crisis and it was amazing...but i went back to work and within days i was totally worst then even before, so i am very careful at what i do to not push myself but am having a huge problem accepting the fact that i will have to step back and let my body fully except the treatment, rest and then slowly reorganize my life back to were i am not on the verge of a crisis everytime i try and do a "normal day" good luck to you. ive learned you must speak up for yourself and make sure you do whats best for you!! no one will take care of you but you so when you feel run down and tired make sure you take a step back...or you will do what i did and just make yourself worst. This disease has already taking the person i use to be away and i have accepted that....that i am not longer the cheer coach, peppy, can do anything and be there for everyone person....but i will not let it take away my job, so if that means that i need to not work for a few months to regroup then i guess thats what has to happen.
Newbie87 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote