View Single Post
Old 02-07-2007, 11:50 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I have mixed emotions because while I think that singling out the heavy kids to stand is wrong I do think that kids should be allowed to stand up to work if they want to. My son had a reading teacher last year who was so in tune with her kids. She tried different techniques with them such as letting them stand and read, giving them squishy balls to squeeze while working or she would just let them get up and move around if they felt they needed to. Now at first I thought she was in a world of trouble because the kids would take advantage of her, but instead many found that they worked so much better in her class than others. My son was one of those kids. He bagan to love reading again and really respected that teacher for being flexible enough to accomodate her kids. Many teachers do not want the kids to move, talk or get up for the 50 minutes they are in their class. So while I think making kids stand up is wrong, giving them the choice to stand is right. ...Sue

Everyone is born, but not everyone is born the same. Some will grow to be butchers, or bakers, or candlestick makers. Some will only be really good at making Jell-O salad. One way or another, though, every human being is unique, for better or for worse. - Narrator (From the movie Matilda)

snoozie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote