View Single Post
Old 08-01-2010, 08:41 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ali12 View Post
My daughter, Alison, has had RSD for three and a half years affecting her left leg, right arm and now back
At Easter she had a spread to her arm and shortly after began to faint on occasion
This became worse over the ensuing weeks to a point where she was having anything up to ten episodes a day
During these repeated episodes she injured her back and the RSD decided it had a new place to affect
Ever since then the syncope episodes have increased and are now accompanied by myoclonic spasms affecting her whole body and sometime hallucinations
She was diagnosed with syncope of friday. The neurologist does not have a full understanding of RSD and says it may be a "teenage girl" thing and will subside by the time she is 18 but that it is likely pain is the trigger
As Alison has an underlying pain condition it is difficult to belive that these will stop as long as she still has RSD
The episodes are now coming throughout the day peaking from mid afternoon through to late evening and can number anything between 20 on a good day up to 30 plus on a bad day
They can often come on without warning and during one episode the other night Alison choked on something she was eating and I had to provide emergency treatment to help her which was extremely scary
I was wondering if anyone else with RSD has syncope and if so how many attacks do you have and have you found anything that helps
Thanks
Andrea
I have not but it is repleate in the literature, as Mike has posted. BTW, nice pic Mike!
Dubious is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
SandyS (08-06-2010)