View Single Post
Old 08-01-2010, 09:41 PM

Location: Maryland, South/Western Shore Chesapeake Bay, "God's Country"
10 yr Member

Location: Maryland, South/Western Shore Chesapeake Bay, "God's Country"
10 yr Member
Default Another thought.....US Census Bureau

No, I would bet you have his birth certificate. Right? You have to prove he lived in the US? For how long? The birth certificate is some proof. Then you would have to have house addresses where he lived and then tie these in with records from the US Census Bureau?

You can find census records at the county level in the state(s) where he lived. I could try to help you but I know very little about it. I do have a little information I got to find out some genealogy information but I haven't done that yet. This info is available if his family filled out the information for the census's during the time your husband lived in the US. It's done every 10 years on the 10th year and we just did one earlier this year.

Or when I reread your original post, it almost sounds like your husband may not remember exactly when and how long he lived in the US and would like to find out about himself and his parents. Again, the US Census Bureau would have some records and Social Security Administration would have work records of his parents jobs. You would need their social security numbers.
dany is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
amit (08-02-2010)