View Single Post
Old 02-07-2007, 01:11 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Help Some helpful suggestions!

Hello All,

In our home town newspaper we have a column written by a Dr. Gott,
In his column he had some home remedies that I thought sounded interesting.
These remedies like the different treatments we all get for RSD don't work for all but some have been written about more than once.

1. Place a bar of opened soap in your bed for leg cramps, you will know when to change the bar as leg cramps will start again (about every 3 months). This one has been written about more than 10 times.

2. Rub castor oil on joints (they make one without an odor, ask your pharmacist) supposed to take away the pain of arthritis. At least 6 or 8 people wrote in to say this works.

3. Rub Vicks Vapor Rub on nails for fungus or on feet for athletes foot. Cheaper than the normal creams or sprays. My manicurist swears by this for nail fungus, don't know about athletes ft.

4. Horse linament for pain and burning of neuropathy. The doc claims this is safe and can be bought in a feed or tac shop.

5. Painting the crater like sores with milk of magnesia ( it heals them quite well) that Frogga wrote about on her butt This is just something I picked up working as a nurse with geriatric patients.

I hope some or all of you with any of these particular problems will try and see if they help.

Barb2406

Knowledge is power!

RSD since 1999 right foot and ankle from fracture of 2 bones, after stepping in a hole at an apartment complex while visiting a hospice patient. Again hunting for a new PMD.

Last edited by Barb2406; 02-07-2007 at 01:20 PM. Reason: spelling
Barb2406 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote