View Single Post
Old 08-02-2010, 08:24 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thank you all for your support. I had my sleep study and they did not put the CPAP on me overnight, which I suppose means I don't stop breathing at night, but I do have a follow up with my sleep study doctor for the results. Since it is imperative MG patients receive good sleep, I'm hoping he'll have some suggestions.

Right now my only medication is Mestinon. If I don't take it, I'm practically useless. If I do take it, I'm ready to vomit at any given moment. I've tried it with food, with milk, before bed, etc., and it doesn't seem to make any difference when I take it. Doc increased my dosage since my disease seems to be progressing, and it helps with the fatigue, but the side effects are awful, as many of you know.

I work full time - 40 hours a week. Saturday I slept until 1:00 p.m. I woke up at 8:00 a.m. to potty, hubby asked how did I sleep and I told him, "I'm going back to bed - just needed to potty." I didn't think I'd sleep until 1:00 p.m., but clearly I needed it. Sad thing is - it was my son's 17th birthday and I missed half of it. I push all week to work and then the weekends all I do is sleep. Sunday I had so many obligations with the kids I couldn't "sleep in," so today, my Monday when I'm usually feeling the best during the week, I'm dragging already.

I have no idea how to tell my boss about my disease. I'm so worried it will sound like a cop-out. He knows I've had a ton of doctor appointments lately, but he's so removed from his staff's personal lives that I don't think he connects whether the appointments are for me or if I'm shuffling my kids around for their appointments. He's very unapproachable in that regard.

I don't normally whine or complain but I really feel at my end and am not sure where to turn or how to proceed.
WornOutInKansas is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote