View Single Post
Old 08-02-2010, 06:22 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunnyhugs View Post
Hi Everyone,

I've been a lifelong sufferer of migraines (since I was 4 and I'm now 30). Back in 2003 I had a seizure after taking Imitrex (shot). I had been taking verapamil and then zonegran for the migraines. I begged the doctor to take me off zonegran and I had not been taking any medication for almost a year. Anyway, sorry, I got married this past May and ended up passing out and having two consecutive seizures the night before my wedding. The doc put me on Neurontin. One day I was 5 hours late taking Neurontin and ended up passing out and having another seizure. Both times this happened I had breakthrough bleeding. Both times it started out with a burning sensation in my stomach and then a sudden seasickness type feeling. The doc weaned me off Neurontin and I've been on Keppra for two weeks now. Almost daily I've been having episodes where I suddenly feel very weak and hungry even though my stomach is burning and the last thing I want to do is speak. (This happened with Neurontin and now with Keppra). It takes such an effort to speak. People tell me that they can tell there's something wrong because I'm speaking very quiet and very slow or not at all. Is this a side effect of the medication? Is this related to the seizures? Does this happen to anyone else? Thanks for any advice!
My mom said I sounded drunk but trying to talk normal.Im on trileptal,went away after couple months
mel239 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote