Thread: Is it Relapse??
View Single Post
Old 08-02-2010, 06:56 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Is it a relapse?

Hi,

I have to say that the comparison to a knee injury just gave me an "a-ha" moment. I have been reading Brainlash, the websites etc, but have my biggest problem is accepting my limits.

I saw a show where someone said that they refuse to say "limitations" but will substitute that with "modifications", which is much more positive.

I have a day or so where I feel good, like myself again, and so I want to go and do something and bang-the next day I am back in bed for the next few days. Or if I concentrate on learning something, I get foggy, dizzy and feel like my brain is attempting a somersault.

So I just break things up into smaller pieces and tackled what I can, and see how that goes.

Thank you for posting this, and for these responses. I find reading them makes me appreciate what I can do, and manage better what I can't do at the time.

The ear plugs are a great trick, and I also find not watching someone when they talk (so many of us are also "hand talkers") and I just let them know that movement hurts my eyes.

Best of luck and thanks for the tips!
Tengboche is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote