View Single Post
Old 02-07-2007, 02:03 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Unhappy

I know, honey. ((((((Di))))))

I remember when my Brother died. No one wanted to talk about it. No one did talk about it. My friend at work asked me when I was going to stop wearing black dresses to work -- when I could go to sleep without crying.

I hate that you have to go through this, Dianne. It sounds like a 'famous saying' or a a 'quotation' -- the only way through the pain is to feel it. I've been there -- lost someone way to soon -- know how much it hurts.

I can't help you at all. I wish more than anything that I could. One step at a time. One hurt at a time. One memory at a time.

That's one thing that does help -- memories. Get yourself a blank book and every time the hurt is unbearable start writing the GOOD and WONDERFUL things that you remember about De. How she smelled when she was a baby. How she felt when you kissed her. How the love felt.

Don't forget her pets too. They're gonna need you and your support too. Animals have a special connection to the other side -- pay attention to what they're doing.

Never-ever forget, Di, that there's so many of us that have been in similar places. We ALL hold you and love you and support you. Visualize that support and feel it surrounding you and holding you up while you hurt and while you cry. Even when the tears let up, we'll still be holding you and supporting you and praying for you.

When you're in the quiet places at nighttime or when you're by yourself during the day, allow yourself to FEEL EVERYTHING, you'll feel De right beside you --holding you too.

Love and hugs.

Barb