View Single Post
Old 08-03-2010, 08:55 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Thanks, legalmania. I have read that info on the SS site. I guess I will just have to wait and see...

I've had CT scans, MRIs, Blood Flow tests, blood work, triple phase bone scan, nerve blocks. But, they ruled out more than they showed. With RSD, there are no tests showing you have it for sure.

My diagnosis
RSD upper and lower body
neuropathy
fibromyalgia
myofacial pain syndrome
central pain syndrome
asthma
arthritis
cervical spondylolisthesis C3-C4 and C4-C5
depression
anxiety
social phobia
problems with eyesight - blurry, dry - plus I wear very strong contacts plus trifocal glasses - I have pretty bad eyes.
headache, constant for 2+years from RSD
100 lbs overweight
plantar fasciitis
RSD affects me mentally, along with medication, making concentration, focus, understanding affected. I've been treated with Namenda twice in the past few years trying to clear up some of this problem, but it is bad enough now that Namenda no longer helps. I no longer read because of concentration/focus problems, and I have always loved to read. I don't do soduku, crosswords etc - and have always loved puzzles. I have tried doing a couple online computer courses on Lynda.com for basic PC and Word since I lost my job in Dec. and I just could not follow along. I was amazed at how confused I was. I took courses on Lynda 3 years ago to hone my Photoshop skills and had a few problems understanding, taking notes, etc. but nothing like now.

I use a service dog and wear bi-lateral AFOs.

For me, it's the constellation of problems. I think, personally anyone with RSD should get SSD if they have had it for a couple years and not got better. I've had it 10 years now, and it has taken over almost my entire body. Plus all the other painful diseases I have. Blinking my eyes is about the only thing that does not hurt.

I am 52, only taken a couple college courses (watercolor, perspective drawing) - and always worked in printing, pre-press. I don't know how to operate a PC, run Word, spreadsheets etc, but I know how to do photo manipulation and basic Mac. I don't know how what I used to do could translate to anything else without taking courses or training. I went to vocational rehab and they told me to try for disability first, as I had so many problems. Said if I can't get disability they would see if they could help me.

It has taken me weeks to do the symptom report because I have so many symptoms and they affect everything I do from personal care to sleep to what I eat. I have done all I can to explain. I am editing now, trying to cut down, but I have over 20 typed pages of explanation. I feel stuck - if I cut out anything I won't be explaining my full problem, but leaving it all in I feel they will say if I can do all that, I can work. I have explained I had to get dictation software, cannot use the headset, had to get a microphone to complete the reports because I can no longer type, and that it has taken me so long because I can only sit at the computer for a few minutes, then go lay down.

I don't understand how it is SO hard to get SSD for someone like me, but yet, it seems everyone you see on judge shows, etc. are on it.

I also feel that since I have a steady work history, and even though I came in late a lot during my last year working, and left early a lot, I didn't miss a lot of days...that will count against me.

I'm just tied in knots over this. I know I am no longer able to work. I don't know what will happen if I can't get this through. I can manage for a year or so, but so many people have been 4-5 years trying to get this.

Last edited by daylilyfan; 08-03-2010 at 10:07 AM. Reason: clarity
daylilyfan is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote