Thread: Shaking
View Single Post
Old 08-03-2010, 10:08 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

SARAWILSEA,

Have you ever investigated Candida as a potential source of your fatigue and neurological symptoms? Candida is a fungus/yeast that lives in our small intestines but is normally kept in check by the helpful bacteria that live there. If you've ever had multiple rounds of anti-biotics (including eating meat from cattle that have been fed antibiotics), your helpful gut bacteria may have been compromised allowing the Candida to over populate. It weakens the intestine walls and allows itself and undigested food proteins into your blood stream (this condition is called 'Leaky Gut Syndrome'). This leads to many different types of illnesses, but in your case fatigue and food sensitivities would be the most likely. I say food sensitivities because I had tremors and uncontrolled muscular twitching like you speak of as a reaction to foods I had become sensitive to, especially gulten.

Under the 'gluten' section of this forum there is a link at the very top called 'The Gluten File' with all sorts of good links describing how gluten sensitivity has been medically linked to anxiety, depression, and neurological muscular disorders among others. I am on an anti-Candida plan right now and have noticed significant improvments in my twitching and anxiety symptoms. Once the Candida is under control, I will be on a pro-biotic plan to rebuild my body's natural line of defense against the Candida. Here is a link to this forum's Gluten File. Good luck and let me know if you have any questions.

http://neurotalk.psychcentral.com/thread1872.html
SecretAgentMan is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote