View Single Post
Old 08-03-2010, 11:17 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

It sounds like you are in the initial claim status of your SSDI claim with no decision being made yet. I haven't seen you post anything about being denied and having to appeal.

One reason many initial claims are denied is that some people who file for SSDI benefits are just not disabled enough. So when you look at statistics and compare yourself, you are comparing your claim with some people that you and any other reasonable person would never see as disabled. That is an unpopular sentiment in a message board like this, but I believe it is true.

You are also trying really hard to control something that is out of your control. Sounds like you have made a concerted effort to provide all the details and even more than enough details about your level of functioning, but you are second guessing yourself and psyching yourself into believing you will be denied just because other people are denied.

Gotta tell you something. SSDI claims are approved every day in your local office. Not as many as are denied, but claims are approved for people who have severe problems in being able to perform job duties, who are over 50 who may have a harder time learning new job skills than a younger person. So are you going to be one of the approvals? Don't know. But I can tell you are agonizing over a decision that is yet to be made. Yes, I know it is your life and not having control, not knowing the result is scary. Do what you can to find a way to cope and follow through on what SSA is asking you to do. You may want to at least try to talk on the phone to the DDS analyst who is evaluating your claim so she/he gets familiar with the person. Doesn't hurt to be able to explain yourself verbally as a supplement to the written word and the medical evidence.

Wishing you the best. Hold on to the positive thoughts.
Janke is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
daylilyfan (08-03-2010)