Old 08-04-2010, 03:55 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by justired View Post
Hello,

I'm new to this forum. Really hoping it can help. I've been struggling with bipolar for many years and was on so much medication I found it hard to function. So, I tried ECT. I'm presently on much less medication but do ECT every other week. Most the time. I just had it two weeks in a row because of difficulties coming off my seroquel.

I'm now going back to every other week but having some side effects. Not able to focus and difficulty at work. Any help and support is greatly appreciated.
I am so sorry to hear about all the juggeling and straining to maintain, and still working.
If I had somekind of magic answer or wand to wave I would help everyone be better.

Welcome to the forum, but not that your health brought you here. I was very interested in the ECT. I do not know much about it, but was a last option for my dil proposed. She is in a day program since Feb.

When you can share some of the information about how it helps the side effects, and what the doctors were trying to help with it, I would love to hear.

I have anxiety/panic and find myself overwhelmed and so unfocused, I take Lexapro and it helps. Not cured but without it I feel I am in circles.
If I were your sister I would say is there any why to have help to lighten the load, maybe cut hrs, or a friend to help one day a week.

But I send hugs and hope for better days..
di
"Thanks for this!" says:
justired (08-04-2010)