View Single Post
Old 08-04-2010, 08:37 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by daylilyfan View Post
legalmania - yep, I read through all the list months ago when I was trying to decide if I could apply. Nothing I have is on the automatic list, as far as I can tell.

Janke - you pegged me spot on. I have been talking to the adjudicator about how long it has taken me to do these reports - I think the paperwork said they had to be returned within 10 days. She's been great about letting me have lots more time. I explained why I needed it. She said until they get all their info and are ready to examine my case, I still had time, just call in every week and give her an update.

I feel better tonight, having finally completed these two things. I know they contacted my past employer pretty quickly, and my boss said he supported me. They have not contacted my "gentleman friend" yet... he has known me for several years longer than I have been ill and can tell them what I used to be like vs. what my life is like now.

Yep, I am waiting for the first decision. By the time that they quoted me, they should tell me something by end of October. I've talked on the phone to a lawyer that my family lawyer recommended already.

I've done all I can do.

Thanks everyone for all your help. I really mean that.
The estimated date of a decision (October) is based on an average processing time. It is not a deadline. There are initial claims that are approved in two weeks. There are initial claims that are denied after 8 months. And everything inbetween.

You have done all you can do at this point. Submit the documents. Let DDS make a decision. Do what you can to keep the obsessive thoughts at bay. Watch funny movies. Play with children. Listen to great music. Do something creative.
Janke is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
daylilyfan (08-04-2010)