View Single Post
Old 02-07-2007, 03:34 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I have to say very good information from VICC...I for one am worried about my surgical sympathectomy that I had done to me for my RSD I'am now reading about it more it is amazing to know in a few countries it is against the law to have this procedure done, makes you wonder. I have to now deal with RSD and TOS along with the symptoms surgical sympathectomy brings on wich another new list of things for me. Yes I agreed to have it done as I was told I was left with no options thanks to WORKERS COMP and being untreated for so long I had no quality of life this way the docs all said I had a chance and if it did not work than what? would I lose as they said...
I hope and pray for a cure I know it may happen or never it all depends on us and the medical field doing something about this. I believe BIG Ins. is fighting this tooth and nail knowing the cost of this to people and want to bury this or have doctors fight each other over this. Funny how it seems how we are made to look like we a crazy by some doctors, and even PT's all working for the Ins. company first thing they do is label us as slackers or say we are not trying hard enough in PT and of course we do harder and end up making it worse for us! doing the wrong PT that is orderd.
Finally we find a good doctor and that leads to more good doctors who understand what is going on and we start getting help, but we must fight for it and try to get it,I've had several doctors look as though they wanted to scream and or cry about my condition when they saw me all said the same thing SORRY, I said for what you did nothing wrong it wasnt you! but they said sorry still for what I would have to live with the rest of my life, with RSD and TOS with the surgical sympathectomy again saying what do I have to lose..I hope they get their act togather soon and start researching this it would be cheaper for them (INS.) in the long term if there was a cure or some kind of treatment used for us all.
I know it was long but it just ERKS me to no end that we are treated like dirt.
Nice post thanks, VICC and Hubby with RSD and every one else..
flippnout
flippnout is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote