View Single Post
Old 08-04-2010, 12:29 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default cervical decompressive laminectomy C5-6 & 7

I had a laminectomy in 02, for left side numbness in my left hand and a chain saw feeling in my neck by days end. After surgery while in recovery, all the pain and numbness went from left side to right side. Dr. assured me it would go away with time. Also, at c7 during surgery, the surgeon cut my dura sac, and today that is where my problem is.
Here it is 8 years later, and only gotten worse on right side, sever numbness in right hand, to the point of dropping things, chain saw feeling continues in my neck region and around shoulder blade. Atrophy very obvious in right hand between thumb and forefinger.
I have been dx with fibro, several years ago, with no relief, Rheumatologist, suggested we find out how much pain is coming from fibro vs neuro. I felt that was reasonable.
I go have mri's of cervical, impression: increase in the myelomalacia of the cord, both in width as well as its cephalocaudal dimension, central disc protrusion: c3-4.
Went to neurosurgeon, took all of my records, emgs (which shows chronic radiculopathy c7)(I have had many emgs, saying the same) mri, and all of my complaints, numbness worsening, sore to touch, chain saw feeling, electric shocks, & etc. stated nothing could be done, but did not give be an answer of what was causing my problems.
My question is: what can happen with a continued increase in myelomalacia of the cord, could it be causing my problems. I do understand chronic means, basically live with it.
Any info or suggestions would be very much appreciated
kennetha is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote