View Single Post
Old 02-07-2007, 03:50 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default SLS...The bigger question ....

IS WHAT IS positive? That's what the lists...abliet daunting at times...by www.LizaJane.org are for! Which what's are showing 'stuff' that needs the looking at?

You are not out of ANY game yet! It's just a matter of the finding out of the what's are going on, the how's it's affecting you...the the how's of treating it all. The other outside issues are adding to your stress, something we ALL try to keep down to a low HUMMM? Vent here, yes, but put your mind to it, let us help you sort out which medical 'compartments' to best put issues and then work on them.

Ask, demand some PT to help you get moving in some GOOD ways rather than add extra stress to your body then mind pains.. I know from experience that your whole brain is yelling: KEEP STILL..I won't HURT then...but. if you don't move in good ways, well, things could get worse? I was 'told' by a head honcho almost 2 years ago that IF I really had the diagnosis I do HAVE, well I MUST be in a wheelchair? I 'responded' albiet politely,that I was a-too stubborn and b-I got the treatments and therapies I needed to keep me from being so! I'm betting/hoping TRULY this doc is thinking about a 'patient' who may be smart enough to know what's RIGHT for them?

Yes, there IS the pain....Yep it is worse than sucks...it simply doesn't let up or GIVE up in it's WORK! You do NOT give up, tho..simply reach a point when the really bad, well, becomes a normal? Then you just have to be alert to any other new issues [for want of a better word] and find a way to live...Live one can. Look closer to home, life, friends, the world in general and you will be surpised at the good you can find, like here and other sources...Just like your daughters...Gee, I'd be beyond BURSTING w/pride about now! Burst away!

My heart is with you, I don't know what else I can be w/the other issues besides be an 'ear'? Hugs for the meantime... - j

I really, really found out who my friends truly are thru this process. It was very eye-opening and I now know what's what and hope much [or little] help I can expect in certain times... Sad really, but so many folks simply don't KNOW how to deal w/a chronically ill person! That's what life deals us - LEMONS - so, let's go make lemonaide!

Last edited by dahlek; 02-07-2007 at 03:55 PM. Reason: added thoughts
dahlek is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote