View Single Post
Old 08-04-2010, 01:00 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default ticks

as long as i can remember i have had ticks in my face and my necks and sometimes with other parts of my body. over the years i have met people who thought i was on drugs due to the ticks or tics. i went to a neuroligist 3 months ago and was dianosist with tourette. i have been taking some medication in the xanax family colonipin at night to see if it helps. i have not noticed any difference. i do not have vocal issues just body, face and neck issues. anyone have this same preoblems. i applied for a new job and i know for a fact because someone overheard them talking that i was not picked due to they thought i was on drugs and i have not been on drugs nor would i ever be. broke my heart!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by who moi View Post
(1 handed typing here. hope post will make sense as i try to condense things )

for years, i've had severe neck tic. i knew 1 day it would wreck havoc on my spine 1 day.

tried a lot of things including pressure.

either way. i think it has caught up w/ me...

besides neck pain, i now feel burning pain on my right hand that i think is nerve/spine related.

it is a burning pain. like it's on fire whenever i would jerk the neck (& only when i jerk the neck do i feel it and i am going through a major waxing of it as of late)

then there is the other constant pain where i have various tics with my hand that includes bending them the other way against my face or body or wall. and hitting/punching tics against objects...

as lara has suggested, i think is a x-over with complusive(OC) & tics combined
(hate the co-morbids,eh? )

as w/ the waxing. i have damaged my knuckles on my index and middle finger. cannot bend my index/middle nor extend them fully. Those pains are constant. 24/7 and has now gotten to the point of keeping me awake even if i take the sleeping pills.

i think i may have developed some arthritis w/ my banging/bending tics of my hand. and have been taking aspirin and back on my glucosamin/msm

hate to cry about it...not really a complainer..

the spine issue bugs me more actually...

i am going to see a doc next week about my spine as my wife and i suspect either spurs and/or pressed spine issues. or may have just ticced the spines heckit outta place...

i am not sure what my outlook is but will accept it as what is and find ways to deal w/ it although my must admit i have been defeating myself the past few days. but i'll come out of it. it is better than losing the ability to walk like when i was 14 yo. w/severe leg tics. (it lasted about a year)

(interestingly enough. besides my vocal and facial tics. most of my tics below the neck are on my right side...hmmmm...)

i guess i am asking to see if anyone has experienced something similar. i know there isn't much to do about it.

i feel it as a progressive issue. the neck tics are not going to stop. will i am not going to let it stop me.

i've been learning to type faster w/ 1 hand.

love to hear inputs.

ps may take me awhile to respond...

came back to add:

trying to describe my neck tic: it's a violent jerk to my right where my rt shoulder would hit my face and i can feel my spine pop
janderson is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote