View Single Post
Old 08-04-2010, 01:12 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

While I won't say "I totally understand" (tangent: I HATE when people say that--we are two different people in two different circumstances... you don't know what I go through and I don't know what you go through)... I do know the frustration of pain.
I also have chronic back pain (since I was 8--I am now 24, so 16 years). I also get migraines, and have large and small fiber neuropathy. It is very difficult.
I'm sorry you are having such trouble. Is there any way you can travel a little farther and get in sooner in another town? You may want to check into that--it would be worth it. That's the only suggestion I have for you in regards to that, but it may be an option. November is a long time from now--and if you can get in sooner, you may be able to get relief sooner.
I have been on all kinds of medicines, and they don't work for me. My pain is much too strong, and I do not respond to any medicine.
Large fiber neuropathy also includes motor and balance issues--so be thankful that you don't have that part of it. I have real issues with falling down and whatnot.... so there is one positive for you!
If you ever want to talk, feel free to message me. Like I said, I don't know exactly what you are going through, because we are two very different people... but I am in a lot of extreme, chronic pain as well... the only thing I am very thankful for is that I have been able to remain hopeful and I have not struggled with depression. I have a large support system of family and friends and have a strong faith in God. I also have a CaringBridge journal that I write in almost daily that helps me greatly. Depression goes hand in hand with chronic pain and illness--and I'm thankful that I do not deal with that (though, I have in the past, for many years--I just don't currently).

♥ "Hope is more than a word; it's a state of being. It's a firm belief God will come through. Life brings rain... hope turns every drop into the power to bloom like never before." -Holley Gerth ♥

My name is Sarah and I am 25 years old. I have a lot of chronic health problems. Peripheral neuropathy and POTS (postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome) keep me bedridden the majority of the time. I also struggle with degenerative disc disease, disc desiccation, spondylolisthesis, arthritis, polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS) with insulin resistance, allergies, sound sensitivities, and other health problems.
smae is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote