View Single Post
Old 08-04-2010, 09:52 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Tryin to get better!

I am a mother of five. I had my first decompression surgery on May 26th. Thought recovery was well on its way. Little did I know, when I went back to the doctor there was fluid at the incision site and was once again cut open on June 26th. The doctor said my body rejected the patch that was put in place. When I was cut open he said fluid shot out of the incision. After going home and maintaining a very high fever, I went to the ER and was diagnosed with Aseptic Spinal Meningitis. I was released and allowed to come home with a port in my arm to administer anti-biotics twice a day. The port was taken out a few days ago but I have developed a new symptom. I have severe pain on the right side of my face that can be triggered with as little as rubbing my nose or brushing my teeth. My right arm goes so numb and I can't use my hand when this happens. I am so confused as to what is going on and beginning to wonder if the past few months have really been worth having the decompression surgery. If someone can help explain this I would be very grateful.
momof5 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote